Each Community Solar customer receives a portion of the savings generated by their local project. Once the projects start to generate energy, you will start to see those savings reflected on your Arcadia statement.
Your portion of the solar savings will be applied to your local utility bill and you will see a reduction in your overall utility charges. When your Arcadia statement is calculated, 10% of those solar savings are credited to your overall utility charges. The remaining solar savings are allocated towards maintaining and operating the local solar project.
For example, let's say your Ameren or Commonwealth Edison charges are $364.25 but the solar credit applied to your bill is $154.64. You get to keep $15.46 while the other $139.18 goes back to the solar developer for maintaining the project.
- Due to the application of the $27.78 Community Solar credit to your utility bill, the displayed amount for your current utility charges was reduced to $78.04.
- Your total utility charges for this month before the application of the Community Solar credit were $105.88.
- You keep 10% of the $27.78 Community Solar credit, so $2.78 will be your savings for the month.
Arcadia statement you receive: $105.88 - $2.78 = $103.10
- Your total utility charges for this month are $364.25
- Total Solar Credit applied to your utility bill: $154.64
- You get to keep 10% of the $154.64 so $15.46 will be your savings for the month
* Solar Savings may vary. Please check your Community Solar Subscriber Agreement to obtain your savings percentage or contact our Customer Support Team.
*Please read this brochure to learn more about the Illinois Shines program.
If you still have questions, call us at (866) 532-3103 and we'd be happy to help.