Each Community Solar subscriber receives 5% of the savings generated by their local project. Once the projects start to generate energy, you will start to see those savings reflected on your Arcadia Power statement.
Your portion of the solar savings will be applied to your local utility bill and you will see a reduction in your overall utility charges. When your Arcadia Power statement is calculated, 5% of those solar savings are credited to your overall utility charges.
The remaining solar savings are allocated towards maintaining and operating the local solar project.
Baltimore Gas and Electric:
- Your total utility charges for this month are $109.55
- Total Solar Credit applied to your utility bill: $69.74
- You get to keep 5% of the $69.74 so $3.49 will be your savings for the month
Arcadia statement you receive: $109.55 - $3.49 = $106.06
- Your total utility charges for this month are $113.87
- Total Solar Credit applied to your utility bill: $20.50
- You get to keep 5% of the $20.50 so $1.02 will be your savings for the month
Members in Maryland with Pepco, Delmarva, or BG&E as their electric utility can participate in Community Solar with Arcadia in compliance with the Maryland Public Service Commission, who can be reached at (800) 492-0474.
If you still have questions, you may call Arcadia at (866) 532-3103 and we'd be happy to help.