Arcadia is a technology company tackling climate change by cleaning up our energy grid.
Airbnb is partnering with Arcadia to help power your home with 100% renewable energy as it’s the simplest, quickest, and easiest way for any individual in the United States to make a significant impact against climate change.
Why clean energy?
Today, only a small percentage of your electricity comes from renewable energy.
The rest comes from old energy sources, like coal, oil, and natural gas. The energy you use at home is one of the single biggest impacts you make on the environment. We wanted to give Airbnb employees the opportunity to help accelerate America's transition to renewable energy.
What do you get with an Arcadia membership?
When you become an Arcadia member, you get 100% renewable energy at the properties you connect.
We do this by matching 100% wind renewable energy credits to your energy usage in addition to connecting you to a local community solar program where applicable.
By joining Arcadia’s community solar program (for homes in eligible regions), you can help produce solar energy and get credits back on your power bill.
Finally, you can track your impact:
- Read personalized reports about your home energy usage
- Get to know the wind or solar farm that made your electricity
- View the amount of coal, oil, gas, and uranium you averted
- If you’re enrolled in our community solar program, see how much you saved on your power bill
What won’t you get with an Arcadia membership?
Long-term commitments. Cancellation fees. Credit card fees. We don’t believe in any of those.
What are the different plans available to Airbnb employees?
Arcadia offers Airbnb employees 2 programs depending on your location:
- We offer community solar in the following states CO, IL, MA, MD, ME, NY, and RI. In these states, you can connect to a local solar farm. Airbnb employees will receive $150 in utility bill credits (spread evenly over 6 months), waived membership fee, and guaranteed annual savings on your electricity bill of roughly 5-10%.
- In the rest of the states in the US, we match your energy usage by purchasing 100% renewable energy credits from wind farms. Airbnb employees will receive free membership through July 1st, 2022 (if the employee signs up before July 1, 2021).
Find out which offer you qualify by going to: www.arcadia.com/lp-airbnbemployee
Does joining Arcadia change how members receive electricity in their home?
No. Arcadia does not replace your existing utility company; your utility continues to deliver your power just like normal. We match your energy usage with energy from renewable sources.
You won’t see any changes in the reliability or quality of your power. If your power goes out, you’ll need to contact your utility company.
But by matching your usage with renewable sources, you help increase demand for clean energy and accelerate the transition away from fossil fuels with every power bill you pay.
Do I need to notify my utility that I’m now an Arcadia member?
No need. Your utility will continue to deliver your energy and if you opt into our auto-pay experience, we’ll be the ones administering payment to your utility on your behalf. If your utility isn’t eligible for connection, then there’s no need to worry about alerting them.
So I will pay my power bills through Arcadia. Do I have to pay with a credit/debit card?
You can choose to pay your bills via credit, debit or ACH if you prefer. The only exceptions are for customers serviced by Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Central Maine Power, Portland General Electric, Rochester Gas and Electric, NYSEG, Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Dayton Power and Light, United Illuminating, Central Hudson Gas & Electric, and Liberty NH in which case you do have to pay with a credit or debit card.
How safe is my credit card information?
We take security and privacy seriously, and offer bank-level security with PCI-DSS compliance for your payments which is the most stringent level of certification available in the payment industry.
How does community solar work and who qualifies?
Anyone who pays a power bill can join community solar if you are in an eligible location. Please check your eligibility by following the sign up flow here.
How do I sign up?
What kinds of savings can I expect when signing up and when do they kick in?
If you participate in our offering but are not located in a community solar eligible geography:
Free membership kicks in immediately. There are no further savings on your utility bill.
If you participate in our community solar program:
- The $150 utility bill credit kicks in immediately -- you’ll see $25 off your monthly bill for the first 6 months of sign-up.
- The 5-10% ongoing savings will occur once you’re officially connected to the solar farm which can take a few months. This time varies based on local project capacity and utility connection time.
What if I have a third-party supplier?
You can still participate in the community solar and/or REC programs.
Who should I contact on the Airbnb side if I have questions?
Have any other questions that we missed?
You can reach out to email@example.com with any additional questions. We have an incredible Member Experience team ready and excited to help you with any questions you may have about signing up. The Arcadia Support Center also goes through commonly asked questions from Arcadia members.
Will you share my utility information or other personal data with Airbnb?
No. The fact that you signed up, your utility information, and any other data you provide to us will not go back to Airbnb.
Read more about our privacy policies here.
What’s the fine print?
Article is closed for comments.