Residential customers with selected utilities can join a local solar farm without paying their power bills through Arcadia. This is known as Dual Billing.
Am I eligible to enroll in Dual Billing?
Dual billing is currently available for selected customers in selected territories:
- New York: National Grid
- New Jersey: Jersey Central Power & Light
- Maine: Central Maine Power, Versant South, Versant North
- Maryland BGE, PEPCO
- Massachusetts: Eversource West (WMECO)
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Energy
- Illinois: Ameren, ComED
How does Dual Billing work?
Every month you will receive two bills:
- One from your utility company with your regular utility charges, minus the value of your solar bill credits.
- One from Arcadia for the contribution to the solar farm, which equals the solar credits you receive on your utility bill, minus your discount. Once we connect you to a local Community Solar project and that project starts producing energy, you will start seeing savings on your bill every month for as long as you are enrolled with us, for the determined length of the project. All Community Solar projects are remote, meaning there is no installation necessary on your own home. The energy produced is sent back to the local grid.
- Each Arcadia customer that is participating in the program will receive a percentage of the solar savings that are generated by their panel subscription, and the remaining savings generated will be used to maintain and continue the project.
Together, these two bills-- your utility bill and your solar farm contribution -- add up to less than what you would have paid your utility company without community solar. You're guaranteed to save every month.
*** Savings vary by state and utility. For more information, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team.
How does bill payment work?
You'll pay your utility company for your power bill as you normally do. For your contribution to the solar farm, we'll charge your payment method on file three days after you receive your monthly Arcadia statement. This is always an automatic payment, so no action is needed on your end. We'll route the funds to the solar developers to help maintain the solar farm.
- Payment Method: You can pay via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or a checking account.
- Payment Date: Three days after you receive your Arcadia statement
How do I cancel my account when I have Community Solar?
If you would like to cancel your Arcadia Membership and discontinue your Community Solar Savings, you will simply need to contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com. You can also reach out to us by phone at (866) 526-0083 between 9am and 7pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Once we receive your request, we will need to remove your subscription from the project. To fully process your cancelation, please know that this requires action from your utility company.
During that period you will still receive your solar savings on your utility bill. After that cancellation period has ended, you will no longer receive solar savings and will get a statement directly from your local utility company.
*** For specific cancellation timelines, please refer to your Subscriber Agreement or feel free to contact our Customer Support Team.
Questions? Reach out to our Support Team via the email or phone number listed above.